Saturday, March 17, 2012

a very unfortunate event.


on friday, mom called while i was working out the tedious sums of management mathematics, with the music blasting in the background. thank goodness i left my phone on loud ringing mode for i wouldn't have responded to her call if it was on the usual silent mode. it was a day before xx's 21st birthday and the female guests are supposed to go in togas to fit the greek theme. two of my friends had to pick up togas from my wardrobe for their miserable wardrobe left them with no choice. 

" are you studying now?" she managed. she sounded normal and i thought that all was right so I ranted to her over the phone that i was starving to death and i'm going to pass out anytime soon. 

after which, she asked me to go down to pick her up at the carpark for she wasn't feeling well. I could hear her panting heavily over the phone and I got really worried. my mom isn't exactly feeble or whatsoever and she hardly collapse despite having insufficient sleep. ( fyi, she's pretty much contented with five hours of sleep somehow ) . as i found her, her face was buried in some random plastic bag as she tried to induce her vomit . she looked so pale that i freaked out momentarily. couldn't think straight so i called my brother to get him back immediately and THANK GOD, he was on his way home already. mass spammed tissues from the tissue paper box to wipe her perspiration and applied ointment on her forehead to ease her giddy spells. 

& here comes the very unfortunate part. she instructed me to take her IC from her wallet to register at the nearby clinic so she could see a doctor. I took her bag and searched for the IC in the dark. found a picture of me when I was young and pangs of guilt hit me because I was reminded of my mom took care of me when i was ill and there's nothing I could do to ease her discomfort. snapped out of my dramamama thoughts and went back up to get panadols for my mother. fed my mom panadols and just as I was about to head for the clinic registration, I COULDN'T FIND THE FREAKING IC. 

IT WAS SO SURREAL. I wanted to collapse on the spot and it was just so me. the typical miss leong who left her stationeries behind , the silly girl who left her phone in the refrigerator and the daughter who lost countless of waterbottles and umbrellas. I was so mad at myself . I tried to retrace my steps to find the IC but luck wasn't on my side the numerous trips back and forth were deemed futile. I felt so miserable. ranted to rach felimbo nia and the rest and felt a tad better. mom could finally get up on her feet so we helped her to the nearby clinic . she was given a jab and felt a lot better after that. 

I was at the clinic when i got a call from yixuan that she's waiting below my block. miss forgetful at her best, I actually forgot that I was supposed to pass her the toga past midnight. Ran back home on an empty stomach to pass her the stuffs. & then I decided to try to look for the missing IC with the aid of the screen light of my blackberry .. I was advised to report the matter to the police station so I walked around the estate to look for the police post, all alone and it was past 12. Found the police station and realised that they only operate till 10pm and it was yet another wasted trip. 

I was feeling so miserable all the way and was contemplating if I should skip the birthday bash when this kind auntie came up to return my mom's IC! Mom was so happy because she said that was the only pretty picture left of her  -.- so happy that all's good right now. mom's no longer sick and the IC is back and the very broke rebe didnt have to fork out 100 bucks out of her wallet to replace her IC !! 

No comments:

Post a Comment